Counting down the pounds

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just what I needed to hear...

You know those days when you just need to hear an encouraging word? Something that will show you that you are not alone in this journey called life? Well today I got those words!

First, I read a blog that I had kind of forgotten about. Mainly because the blogger hadn't blogged in a very long time (much like myself, but for different reasons). I found the post that finally explained why she hadn't blogged. The neat thing was, was that it was nothing big. It was just life was happening and she decided to live it rather than blog it. Well I recently came to a conclusion to give up facebook. I'm talking no more stalking people who I haven't seen in years (you know what I'm talking about, don't even act like you don't). I realized it was just taking up too much of my time and thoughts that should be going towards my husband and kids.

Second, I again was reading a blog that I had forgotten about, and it was just an encouraging post. You can see the full post here. But this is one of the things that stuck out to me:

The truth is, things just take time. Even 'suddenly-moments' take a while to spring forth. But one thing I learned about waiting on God is that He is always good. He always has our highest and best interests at heart. And when we trust Him enough to give Him room to work, He does His best work on our behalf. Truly, His loving attention to detail will woo any heart that loves Him!
It was a good reminder that my weight loss journey will take time. I know that it is not so much a spiritual thing, but God cares about it just the same. I just need to trust him and do what I know to be right.

I do hope that you will join me in this journey. It amazes me just how much I need the encouragement of others. I am not sure why it amazes me, but for some reason it does. :) I do hope you will comment and share your thoughts and if you have a blog share it too. I want to do this and I want to succeed!

No comments: