Counting down the pounds

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, September 26, 2011

What or who do you turn to...

It became so apparent to me this morning just how I turn to food to calm me down. I took Ian to the doctor this morning because he has been sick (tummy issues) and the first thing I wanted to do when we got in the car was go to Braum's and get a bacon, egg and cheese bagel with a large diet Dr. Pepper! Instead though I prayed. I asked God to give me strength to turn to Him rather than to food and drink today. Feeling overwhelmed is tough, but God gives us ways out, just like He does with temptations (I guess we are being tempted to turn to other things rather than to God). Like instead of going to Braum's, as soon as we got home I put Owen in his highchair and set up his Pack N' Play. I put a few toys in it and he is playing quietly in it (for now). I am now able to snuggle with my little sick boy while Owen gets to play. I have calmed down a bit now and I know that I can make it through this day.

Thank you God for calming me down!

***Even just now I made Ian some toast (white bread) and I took a bite of the second piece that I didn't give him. I spit it out though before I was able to swallow it. Man, habits are hard to break, huh?***

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Praying for you and sweet Ian today, girl. You have worked so hard, and God has blessed you with 6.5 lbs of weight loss in just a few weeks! Keep going...God will reward you for seeking only Him :) Good lesson for me today, too! Thank you for sharing your heart. Love you!